The University of Perpetual Help Rizal JONELTA Foundation School of Medicine was established in June 1996, as an extension school of the Perpetual Help School of Laguna for Medicine and Allied Health Science and was thus known as the Perpetual Help College of Medicine- Rizal (Extension School), with Dr. Aretas P. Singson- Alday as its Founding Dean. On April 20, 1997 by virtue of Resolution No. R95-57 series of 1997 of the Commission on Higher Education, the Perpetual Help System Campus in Laguna and Rizal became the University of Perpetual Help Rizal College of Medicine.
Through the efforts of its President, Dr./BGen Antonio L. Tamayo and wife, Daisy and its founding Dean, Aretas P. Singson-Alday, MD the Medical institution was granted autonomous status by the Commission on Higher Education on November 7, 1997 and became the University of Perpetual Help Rizal JONELTA Foundation School of Medicine. Paying tribute to the patriarch and matriarch, Dr. Jose and Nena Laperal Tamayo whose vision for education became a legacy and the Perpetual Help System a living testimony to its ideals.
Doctor of Medicine
The University of Perpetual Help System Dalta – JONELTA Foundation School of Medicine is a thriving community of educators, scientists, clinicians, students, and even lawyers working together to educate, learn, discern, heal, and serve. The curriculum promotes exhaustive research, collaborative learning, and individual initiative by providing a strong basic science preparation and extensive clinical experiences. Our main purpose is to promote compassionate, ethical, and competent medical practitioners ready to help people achieve healthy productive lives, advance knowledge in the medical sciences, and be informed advocates of change for a lifetime of achievement in the field of medicine.
Why Study Medicine in Perpetual Help?
- Faculty are graduates of prestigious schools hereand abroad (Harvard, University of London, UCLA, UC Davis, UP, UST, De La Salle, PLM, FEU, etc.) with masteral and doctoral degrees in education, epidemiology, and the social sciences.
- Review classes for the Medical Board Exams are given to graduates
- A mentoring program is available for all students
- Students are intensively coached for interschool debates, quiz shows, and research competitions.
- Parents-faculty meetings and interactions are regularly conducted.
- Internship is available at the University of Perpetual Help Dalta Medical Center (UPHDMC).
- UPHDMC has a placement office for medical graduate seeking opportunities to work abroad.
- Our graduates have a 100% passing rate in the USMLE.